Volunteers are needed in several of our programs.
- Parents are required to volunteer 10 hours per student enrolled per school year. These hours could be fulfilled by other family members, like Grandma, Aunt or cousins.
- Raptor Robotics - Our teams need engineering advice and coaches.
- Grandmothers Giving Encouragement - We need grandmothers to volunteer 1 hour at a time to offer encouragement. We need the grandmothers to say. "Wow, how did you do that? Show me that again! and That's Amazing." Grandmothers can come to the school or offer encouragement over Skype.
- Field Trips - We encourage parents to come to these fun activities and participate with their child to support them in reaching their goals.
- Teaching Mini Classes - Everyone is an expert in something. We want to capitalize on your expertness. Could you teach a 30 minute class about the history of art, or why dinosaurs are extinct or show a group of students how to locate the big dipper? We have mini-classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am - Noon. Child care or preschool is provided for our volunteers that have small children in tow.
- Outside School Hours - We may need assistance cleaning the school, preparing craft activities and school decorations, assembling playground equipment, organizing supplies or repairing furniture. We will find something that all families can help with regardless of schedule.