For each class you take from Mission Discovery School you can get:
- Monthly Group Sharing Time on site or on web cam
- Full Curriculum for class
- All supplies your student needs for the class
- 20 minutes a week of student assistance per class or as needed (see below for details)
- Parent Curriculum Guidance
- General Support
Some Samples of Classes MDS Offers:
How to Enroll
1. Free Diagnosis. We talk with you and see what your needs are and show you how we can help you get you full value of your My Tech High funds.
2. Initial setup Session with our experts Due: Before session Cost: $100 per Family
3. Fill in Application for MDS by August 1
5. Pay for Classes for the year Due: Nov 30 (after funding arrives from MTH) Cost: $300 per class
6. Pay Enrollment Fees Due: Nov 30 Cost: $100 Per Child
Student Assistance, No deadline, sign up anytime
$4 per day Daily Student Assistance - Separate from Classes
$5 per week Weekly Student Assistance - Separate from Classes
Initial setup Session Includes
- Creating a schedule
- Child Assessments - knowledge level and learning style assessments (on-campus, over the phone or web cams)
- Goal planning - with parents, child and teacher setting the goals (on-campus, over the phone or web cams)
- Picking Curriculum - assistance in finding and choosing paid or free curriculum
Student Assistance Includes
Questions and Answers
My children won't listen to me when I say they have to do their work. How can you help me with this?
- The problem with home school is the kids are only accountable to parents and its more powerful to be accountable to a "teacher" than a parent. However, we only hold you or your child accountable to the level you choose.
- Going through us, you can spend more on your Language Arts and less on your math or other classes as needed. The funding for all the classes can be combined which allows you freedom to put the money where it is needed.
Utah Residents can have most or all costs covered! My Tech High or Harmony Ed might refund all the fees.
Click Here for more information on My Tech High.
Click Here for more information on Harmony Ed.
How we Help You with Programs Listed Above
- Learning Log Assistance (we make sure they are done correctly and on time each week)
- Receipt Assistance (We keep track of most of the receipts and you only submit them one time)
- Creating a schedule (We make sure you are getting the most out of your My Tech Options)
- hassle of learning logs
- hassle of receipts
We offer enrollment regardless of what state you live in. Home based students have the option to attend the physical school in Utah if desired.
- Miriam Peterson has home schooled for 16 years
- She has taught Private school 3 years
- Some of our experience of offering virtual private school
- 10 yr old boy in Utah - new single mom needed a helping hand
- 5 yr old boy in Utah - mother didn't need much help beyond deleting the hassle of My Tech High learning logs and receipts
- 12 yr old boy in Georgia - Child was on a military base with dad who checked in every 2 hours or so, this program allowed him to have time with his dad during the school year and still complete his school assignments
If for any reason this program isn't working for your family we will allow you to cancel at anytime.
- Enrollment fees and sign up fees are refundable until September 1.
- All classes can be canceled with a prorated amount returned minus supply and curriculum cost
- Unused curriculum can be returned and we will assist with the process